Anchor locker on a 16 Cruiser

Dbybe

New member
Joined
Aug 30, 2024
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
On my new to me 16 there is a flat panel at the bow end of the v berth. This creates a void space between that and the v of the bow. Has any one opened this up and added a haws pipe so that it could be used for anchor line storage? I a wondering if it is empty or perhaps filled with foam? Thanks for any help you can provide. Don.
 
I don't know how to find the Photo Albums on C-Brats anymore, or even if they still exist. If so, the Limpet album, under Modifications, shows that panel being removed for my anchor modification. I'm not sure the area is big enough to hold an anchor for a 16. My area had a styrofoam block, which I modified. I removed my panel to put in an anchor retrieval system that allowed me to pull up anchor from the helm, as shown in the pictures (assuming that they are still here).
 
I don't know how to find the Photo Albums on C-Brats anymore, or even if they still exist. If so, the Limpet album, under Modifications, shows that panel being removed for my anchor modification. I'm not sure the area is big enough to hold an anchor for a 16. My area had a styrofoam block, which I modified. I removed my panel to put in an anchor retrieval system that allowed me to pull up anchor from the helm, as shown in the pictures (assuming that they are still here).
Thanks. I will take a look and see what I can find. I would secure the anchor to the bow roller and feed the line and chain into the locker through a jaws pipe. . I would have 200’ or so as I have been going on trips in the Puget Sound area where the tide changes can be 17’.
 
I don't know how to find the Photo Albums on C-Brats anymore, or even if they still exist. If so, the Limpet album, under Modifications, shows that panel being removed for my anchor modification. I'm not sure the area is big enough to hold an anchor for a 16. My area had a styrofoam block, which I modified. I removed my panel to put in an anchor retrieval system that allowed me to pull up anchor from the helm, as shown in the pictures (assuming that they are still here).
I clicked on your profile name and then on media. The 51 page list says it is media you posted. Some has other names on it though for some reason. I scrolled through each page. I saw a few pics where the forward v berth area was being worked on, though I am not sure it was the 16. I also saw some photos where it looked like you added spray insulation around the v berth area maybe? And I really did not need to see the rivet/ core issue photos on the last page. 🙁. I am thinking of opening up the panel to installed a latching hatch cover, and adding a haws pipe at the deck above. It would be nice not to have to go forward to anchor though so I may look for other options.
 
Back
Top