I'm considering a 22 CC C Dory....what can you tell me?

Snal II

New member
Joined
Mar 12, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Laurens
First of all...hello everybody...it's been awhile!
I had previously owned a 1994 22 Angler, I'm assuming that the CC has the same hull?
I'm trying to figure out how useful the hull design will be as a CC. I'm primarily a freshwater guy, but
my local lakes can get rough. I do live on a small lake that I can use this boat on, but I'm within 30 miles of
two much larger lakes. I've found one for sale near me at what seems to be a good price.
So....
Are there any known issues with the 2008 model CC's?
Any know issues with a 2008 Suzuki DF90? (200 hours)
Is it crazy to buy a CC with a dory hull?

TIA!
 
The Cape Cruiser/Venture, is a different hull. It was a rogue build, to compete with the C Dory. There were "non compete clauses" litigated and the spoils went to the C Dory factory, and they got the molds for the Cape Cruiser. They then produced the boat as a Venture.


At 2008, is the boat you are considering a true Cape Cruiser, or the Venture? Thc Cape Cruiser hull molds are owned by "Ricardo". He produces the Cape Dory on demand. Madison Bay Holdings is the company which Ricardo owns and uses to build these boats.
 
The Cape Cruiser/Venture, is a different hull. It was a rogue build, to compete with the C Dory. There were "non compete clauses" litigated and the spoils went to the C Dory factory, and they got the molds for the Cape Cruiser. They then produced the boat as a Venture.


At 2008, is the boat you are considering a true Cape Cruiser, or the Venture? Thc Cape Cruiser hull molds are owned by "Ricardo". He produces the Cape Dory on demand. Madison Bay Holdings is the company which Ricardo owns and uses to build these boats.
Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post. I'm talking about the C Dory "Center Console".
 
Back
Top